Auto Access / Secure function
There are 16 Automatic Arm/Disarm programs. The settings in the Alarm Group determine the operation of this function. The alarm control functions - Arm or Disarm - follows the options set for the Alarm Group.
Remember: Start Time = Disarm and End Time = Arm. When the time zone becomes active, at the start time, the area disarms. When the time zone becomes inactive, at the end time, the area arms.
The function is the equivalent of a user entering their PIN code and disarming all available areas at the start time, and arming all available areas at the end.
In the example below, Titan is being used as the configuration software, however the same theory applies if using another software package, or programming via the RAS
1. Create an Alarm Group
First, you will need to configure an alarm group whose functions will be preformed at the start and end of the timezone.
- Open the Challenger > Alarm Groups form from the Titan Menu.
- Click the New icon.
- Ensure the Challenger Number is correct.
- Select the Areas you wish to control automatically.
- Do not enter a Time Zone (V8 This must remain blank) (Challenger10 This must be set to 0)
- In the Options tab, ensure Alarm System Control is selected.
- Select other options, depending on what you need the automatic arm / disarm to do, and save the record.
- Arm and Disarm, but do not arm is an input is unsealed - Leave all other options blank
- Arm and Disarm, but isolate any unsealed inputs when arming - Select Auto Isolate
- Arm and Disarm, but force the area into alarm if an input is unsealed - Select Force Arming
- Arm only - Select Arm Reset Only
- Disarm only - Select Disarm Only
- Note: Using combinations of these options may have undesired effects.
2. Configure the Timezone
You will need to create a Timezone to associate with the arming and disarming functions.
Remember: Start Time = Disarm and End Time = Arm.
3. Create an Auto Access / Secure function
To link the alarm group and timezone together, to perform the Arm / Disarm automatically:
- Open the Challenger > Auto Access/Secure form.
- Click the New icon.
- Ensure the Challenger No is correct.
- Give the function a detailed Description, such as "Disarm at 8am, Arm at 6pm".
- Enter the Timezone Number which will Disarm at the start time and Arm at the end time.
- Enter the Alarm Group Number created earlier.
- Save the record.
To test the function, set the Challengers time to at least 2 minutes before the start or end time of the timezone.
Auto Access/Secure only performs the functions of the alarm group at the Start and End times in the Timezone, not in the middle of the Timezone.
Configuring Pre-arming warning timer with Auto Access/Secure
To do this function, we will have to program the alarm group with a User Category. In this example, we would want the area to be disarmed at 8.00AM and re-armed at 6.00PM, with a warning timer of 5 minutes. The following options will have to be altered :-
- Timezone - Instead of having the timezone as 8.00AM to 6.00PM, it will have to be changed to 8.00AM to 5.50PM
- Alarm Groups - For the Alarm group that is associated with the Auto Access/Secure, ensure that a User Category is selected. In this instance, we are using Alarm Group 31 and User Category 2.
- Timers - You need a User Category timer and a warning timer. In this instance we have used User Category 2 timer to be 10 minutes, and the Warning Timer as 5 minutes. The user category timer has to be greater than the warning timer.
- User Categories - Need to tie the option of the User Category. In this instance, we need to tie User Category 2 for Areas to Time for Area 1. Only select Areas to Time for this warning timer to work.
- Areas - You have to tie the Warning Timer Event Flag of that area. In this case we will use Event flag 100.
- Summary Event Flags - Finally you tie Event Flag 100 to the Console trigger Event Flag
Save all the changes and test.
*Note for auto re arm countdown:
Users must have the relevant catagory ticked in there user Alarm group for the auto arm countdown timer to start.