Users may experience an issue that the Challenger is not detected by the Firmware loader software.
This is article is for when test pin 1 & 2 are linked and the firmware loader (V2.05.03523) is reporting No device attached.
The problem is caused by an incorrect driver loading in Windows.
To resolve the above issue:
- Right mouse click My Computer select Manage.
- Open the Device Manager,
- Find the Challenger (may be under Ports),
- Right mouse click the Challenger and select Update Driver,
- Select Browse my computer for driver software,
- Browse to location of firmware/firmware loader,
- Tick the Include Sub-folders box,
- Press Next.
- The system may ask do you wan to load un-signed or unknown driver, select yes.
Once complete reopen the firmware loader and the Challenger should be there.