This firmware adds full Challenger 10 compatibility.
Below are the instructions for upgrading the TS0098, as well as the firmware UPG file:
A TS0098 module’s firmware may be updated from time to time. Refer to the version number displayed below the Logout button on the Web interface for the currently-loaded firmware version. The TS0098 module’s RS-232 terminals can be used to upload a new firmware file from a computer via a HyperTerminal session. The attached image indicates the required connections from the module to a DB9 connector, and the links
required between pins on the DB9 connector. 10 TS0098 Challenger IP LAN Adaptor Installation and Programming Guide Figure 6: Wiring details for DB9 connector
Note: During firmware update, the Challenger IP LAN system does not carry communications between the Challenger panel and remote LAN devices.
To update TS0098 firmware:
1. View the module’s Web interface and note the currently-loaded firmware version.
2. Remove power to the module.
3. Move SW4 to the ON position.
4. Connect power to the module.
5. Connect the module’s RS-232 port to the computer’s COM port. (see attached image)
6. Start HyperTerminal and open a connection to the Comm port with 115200 bits per second, 8-N-1. HyperTerminal should say "waiting for upgrade .... " with a few CCCC on screen.
7. Select Send File from the Transfer menu. Select IK Xmodem as the Protocol and then browse to select the supplied firmware file.
8. Click Send. HyperTerminal opens a Send File window and indicates status. When finished, HyperTerminal closes the Send File window and indicates Upgrade Completed.
9. Remove power to the module.
10.Move SW4 to the OFF position.
11.Connect power to the module.
12.View the module’s Web interface and note the currently-loaded firmware version. It should display the updated version number
1,It has been advised that some Ts0098's are shipping with the CFG link connected thereby causing settings to not hold settings on restart.
REMOVE CFG LINK BEFORE CONTINUING.
2, All new TS0098's are shipping with the upgraded firmware, when fitted in combination with old TS0098's the old firmware must be upgraded otherwise connectivity problems will result.